Thursday 14 November 2013





























Hello loves! It is coming near mid November and I cannot help but feel I have not been very festive during this autumn season. For those of you who know me know that I rave about how much I enjoy the Fall! I love the way the leaves look when they have changed colours, or when they are scattered on the ground. (I enjoy going out of my way to step on them and hear them crunch...)

I am happy that Fall is not quite over yet! (Although retail seams to think it is...)
Today I wanted to make use of our lovely pie pumpkins we bought for Halloween. Living on your own, you find there is not enough time in the day to do all the things you would like to... like carving pumpkins before Halloween. Now Halloween is long over and we still have lots of pumpkins that would love to not go to waste! This is why I decided to make home made pumpkin purée. You can use it for so many different ways like in smoothies or soup. This was my first time ever cooking with pumpkin and I think I may have a new obsession.

I followed a great recipe that I found online. Click > Link here to follow the original recipe.


What you will need:
Pumpkins (you may use any kind)
1 BIG bowl
2 medium bowls
1 Large spoon
1 or 2 sharp knives (be careful of course..)

The first thing I did was cut the pumpkin in half and then scrapped out all the seeds and put them into a separate bowl.


I then cut the pumpkin into halves and cut off the skin. I continued to cut the pumpkins into small cubes about roughly the same size.


Once you have them all cut up, Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees. Cook pumpkin cubes for 45 minutes.


Once they are fully cooked I enjoyed eating a few just like this!



Now to make this into pumpkin purée you simply throw the cubes into a food processor or I used a high speed blender with about half a cup of water and mashed it up.




You can use your home made pumpkin purée right away or store it in a zip lock bag and freeze it for up to 11-12 months!



I enjoyed cooking this from scratch, and it did make me feel like I didn't miss out on my favourite festive season.

No comments:

Post a Comment