Thursday 15 January 2015

Winter Oats


Yes, it's true. It is still winter.
F*ck.

Hello people! I'm not sure if your anything like me but during the colder months I tend to stay in bed as LONG as possible. It's just so warm and cozy. It can be hard eating healthy when you are running out the door every morning. I know, you've stayed in bed long enough to only leave time for an egg wrap on the way. I feel your pain, although so does your body.

Let's remember to be kind to our bodies. Fuel up with wholesome healthy foods.  
As I make the effort to eat healthier I have discovered Tupperware to be my new found best friend...  Wow. that's sad. Eating healthy on the go is one of the most difficult things to do. If  you're working full time you probably spend more time on the road then you do at home. This can make eating healthy difficult because everything you may have kept out of sight and out of mind is now at your reach. I've found that spending the time at night to prep your meals for the next day or for the week is the answer to all those problems.
A. You are saving money! (I is a broke ass b'tch so this is a plus)
B. You know exactly what you are putting in your body

Recently I have been turning to a few blogs. I love to spend hours scrolling down these blogs for inspiration. I find so many new recipes to try and it helps keep my meals exciting. ohsheglows.com is an awesome vegan blog which is where I found  the recipe for these over night oats. (My new current breakfast obsession)
For the full recipie check out her blog http://ohsheglows.com/2014/11/17/5-minute-oatmeal-power-bowl/

Here are a few things I added to my oats. The best part about this breakfast is you can change it up to your preference like I did!


Since you prepared your oats and let them soak overnight all the hard work is basically done for you. In the morning I take them out of the fridge and heat them up on the stove for about 5 minutes at a medium heat. (remember to constantly stir as they warm up)
(I also sweetened my oats with a tsp of organic coconut sugar)
Once they are all nice in warm (adds a nice touch to the freezing winter mornings) just pop them into a bowl and dress as desired!

I like to keep some toppings in jars. Helps keep them fresh and hey, it looks adorable. 
 \
I opted for some sliced almonds and pecans 


A nice touch is some frozen blueberries! I don't know what it is about frozen blueberries that is so delicious, but topped on waffles or in some dairy-free yoghurt is so so yummy.

I hope you give it a go, and if you do let me know what you think! 
xx
Stephaniek

No comments:

Post a Comment